Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Firm

I met my wife while we worked at the same law firm.  Up until now, we'd managed to make things work being married and working in the same office.  Tonight, however, the firm's managing partner had asked me to drop off some files I'd been working on before I left for home.  I knocked on his closed office door, and hearing no reply, opened it to leave the files on his desk.  That's when I received the shock of my life.
"Honey!" my wife exclaimed.  "What are you doing here?"
"I was dropping off some files for John," I told her, equally surprised to see her.  "What are you doing here?"
She giggled.  "I'm waiting for John.  We have a case to discuss.  Now hurry home and wait for me.  I don't want to embarrass him by finding us here together.  Wear something pretty for me tonight.  I'll have a present for you."
And so marked a shift in my law practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment